Natixis committed to the Odysséa charity race
On October 6, for the 4th consecutive year, Natixis employees ran the Odysséa race in Vincennes for the fight against breast cancer.
Strong mobilization for Odysséa Paris
Over 300 Natixis runners will be supporting the fight against breast cancer on October 6 in Vincennes.
This massive participation demonstrates the involvement of Natixis employees for the cause.
Their registration fees will be matched 100% by the Natixis Senior Management and the total sum will be donated to Institut Gustave Roussy and to Prolific, to be used for breast cancer research.
Natixis is more generally committed to the fight against cancer through its support to the Institut Gustave Roussy research program on cancer personalized medicine.
Running against breast cancer
A not-for-profit organization, Odysséa has been organizing a run/walk event to collect funds for the fight against breast cancer every year since 2002.
Working on the assumption that physical activity reduces breast cancer risk by 40%, Odysséa
- organizes 1-K walks (children), and 5-K or 10-K runs/walks in a festive and friendly atmosphere,
- supports the research and not-for-profit organizations that fight against breast cancer,
- makes communications on the disease (prevention, diagnosis, treatments, etc.).
In 2013, Odysséa Paris is supporting
- Gustave Roussy, the first European cancer center, which places the implementation of personalized cancer treatment at the heart of its objectives.
The funds collected by Odysséa Paris in 2013 will help
- set up a tissue bank to quickly analyze a biological marker in a series of 3,000 tumor samples.
- participate in the program to identify biological markers of breast cancer risk.
- the research work of Prolific, a not-for-profit approved in 2011, which supports the “ATIP3 project, a new promising molecule against breast cancer” developed by Dr Clara Nahmias at Institut Cochin and rewarded by the Ruban Rose Avenir 2010 prize.
Odysséa in a few figures