European Sustainable Development Week (ESDW) takes place every year from May 30 until June 5. It’s the opportunity to take another step forward with our involvement and projects to promote our corporate and social responsibility (CSR). Natixis also makes sensitive its employees in the environmental stakes by launching "Digital Cleaning".
Our social and environmental commitments
2017 European Sustainable Development Week is dedicated to the goals adopted by the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. These 17 goals propose an action plan by all countries to address the global challenges associated with climate change, the preservation of natural resources and to improve the lives of people everywhere.
CSR an integral part of the company’s sustainable development goals. Natixis is taking CSR to another level as a lever for long-term performance:
- We have made CSR a mainstay of all our business lines to meet our clients’ needs while making sure to finance the economy in a responsible and sustainable way.
- We are taking action to manage the direct environmental impact of our activities and are fostering the commitment and personal fulfillment of our teams through a responsible HR policy.
- We support the extensive involvement of our employees in humanitarian events such as the Course du Coeur race and grant special leave for community-minded projects.
A week of action to mobilize employees
For the European sustainable development week, Natixis makes sensitive its employees in the environmental stakes by launching in particular a big "Digital Cleaning".
In this digital age, information and communication technologies (ICT) have become essential to the way our working world operates and are vital for organizing remote-location meetings, sending documents and searching for information.
We can send messages much faster and share information almost instantaneously. These practices facilitate things like teleworking and cut down on paper use but there is a down side: they have specific consequences on the environment and guzzle energy. Some 10% of the world’s electricity is spent on the various forms of digital technology.
This is a major issue as we know that data volumes are growing constantly. It means that we need more space to conserve this data, more processing power to handle it and data centers need more energy to house it.
The power needs of a data center with a surface area of 10,000 m2 are equivalent to those of a city of 50,000 people. Forty percent of this energy is used to cool the servers.
Throughout the week, the employees are invited to adopt the good pratices to the everyday life regarding managements of e-mails, searches on web sites or still in the management of their files stored in the servers.
CSR at Natixis, key figures:
- Renewable energy financing: No.1 arranger in Europe and No.5 worldwide (source: Infrastructure Journal Global – 2016)
- An award-winning non-financial performance: Natixis is ranked 6th out of a panel of 31 diversified European banks by non-financial rating agency Vigeo Eiris
- 100% renewable energy electricity
Since November 2015, Natixis’ buildings located in France have been powered by green electricity 100%-derived from renewable energy sources
- No. 1 for solidarity-based management in France (source: Baromètre Finansol 2016)
Do not miss anything! Receive an alert of upcoming news.