With more than 15,000* staff worldwide, Natixis has a significant direct impact on the environment. We carefully manage our use of resources and ensure responsible management of our buildings, while offering more environmentally friendly mobility practices to curb our environmental footprint.
*figures at 12/31/2019
Reducing our use of resources
Our priorities are to reduce our use of energy, develop a responsible digital policy and strive towards zero waste practices.
With the signature of the Paris Climate Action Charter, we have pledged to reduce our energy use in our Paris and greater Paris region buildings by 30% out to 2020 (base 2010).
We won the 2020 CUBE energy savings competition – far outstripping our goals – as we made energy savings of close to 20% in the space of just one year.
All our buildings in France and Germany use renewable energy, while our international platforms are also working towards this goal.
Responsible digital strategy
In the current increasingly digital business world, responsible digital challenges are key for Natixis.
We signed the French Responsible Digital Institute charter in 2019 and rolled out a responsible digital strategy, based on:
- Green for IT to reduce our digital environmental footprint via responsible purchasing, and re-use or recycling for used products;
- Responsible design to promote eco-design best practices for applications and data, as well as equipment;
- IT for Green to consider how IT can be used to support the environment, by helping reduce travel in particular.
In addition to waste sorting systems that have been extensively rolled out in our buildings, Natixis is also committed to reducing its waste and gradually moving towards a zero-waste goal: - 43% reduction in paper use since 2017.
During the 2019 European Week for Waste Reduction, we launched a zero plastic cup program across all our buildings, and asked staff to use their own mug.
Developing our urban garden and revegetation spaces
Natixis signed the 100 Hectares charter in 2017, and is committed to
- developing revegetation and urban garden projects in its buildings and future locations in Paris;
- promoting revegetation of buildings that is environmentally friendly and contributes to biodiversity in Paris and water management, with pesticide-free maintenance that also uses water sparingly;
- sharing knowledge with partner companies, our employees and all stakeholders involved in these initiatives.
Changing the way we travel
We support alternatives to personal vehicles for both commuting and for our staff travelling between office buildings:
- Developing infrastructure to encourage the use of bikes;
- Setting up electric charging stations for cars and motorbikes;
- Expanding teleworking;
- Encouraging carpooling.
Our intercompany mobility program was launched in 2018 and covers more than 80% of our office buildings in the Paris and greater Paris area (26 buildings for Natixis, BPCE SA and their subsidiaries), and involves more than 10,000 staff.
MANAGING our Carbon Footprint
A carbon assessment is conducted each year for Natixis’ French scope, based on the ADEME Bilan carbone method.The carbon assessment for 2019 came to 82,000 tons of CO2 equivalent, a decrease vs. 2018.
Do not miss anything! Receive an alert of upcoming news.