Managing our carbon impact
Natixis carries out a carbon footprint assessment for Natixis France since 2012.
Following are the emissions included in the assessment in the French "bilan carbone" methodology:
- Business, home-to-work and visitors transportation
- All inputs (services, paper, office supplies, etc.)
- Supplier freight
- Fixed assets (buildings, IT equipment, furniture)
With 82,000 tonnes of CO2 equivalent emissions in 2019, the 2019 carbon footprint is down taking into account several factors:
• A review of the scope: the SFS subsidiaries transferred in 2019 to BPCE are no longer taken into account in the calculation of the Natixis carbon footprint;
• Changes in calculation methodology: exclusion of IT equipment already depreciated in accounting;
• Lower energy consumption
• A reduction in the impact of journeys: taking into account teleworking for home-work journeys and reduction of professional journeys by car and plane.