Natixis honored at the PFI Awards
Five infrastructure and project financing transactions carried out by Natixis were recognized as "Deals of the Year" by Project Finance International (Thomson Reuters), the reference publication of the sector, at the PFI Awards ceremony held on February 3.
In 2015, Natixis was involved in five major projects that were rewarded at the "PFI Awards" on February 3 in London:
- "European Transport Deal of the Year" for the financing (€1.6bn) of the Milan Underground’s Line 5.
This project was selected due to its importance to the Municipality of Milan and to the presence of institutional investors in the round. This transaction marks a major stage on the Italian infrastructure finance market.
- “European Power Deal of the Year" for the Galloper deal (£1.7bn).
This offshore windfarm is the first in the United Kingdom to be project-financed from the construction phase onwards.
- “Asia Pacific Mining Deal of the Year” for the financing ($4.4bn) of the Oyu Tolgoi mine in Mongolia.
The Oyu Tolgoi mine is an open-pit and underground copper and gold mine, located in the Gobi Desert in Mongolia. This is the country's largest economic project. It should account for close to 30% of its GDP in 2020.
- “America's P3 Deal of the Year" for the financing of the Lima Underground’s Line 2.
This is one of the largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in the region.
- and "Latin America Oil & Gas Deal of the Year" for the financing of the drilling platform of FPSO Cidade de Saquarema in Brazil
FPSO Cidade de Saquarema is majority-owned by SBM Offshore (56%), for which this transaction is the largest project financing ever.
These awards reflect Natixis' ability to support its clients with several types of major financing across the world.