Shareholders' Meeting - 05/23/17
Combined General Shareholders' Meeting of May 23, 2017
"We have to remind you that in order to follow our action aimed at reducing the number of printed documents for this Shareholders' Meeting, the sending of the Shareholders' Notice of Meeting has been dematerialized. Thus, as part of our partnership with Fondation Gustave Roussy, for each Shareholder who accepted to be e-convened to the Shareholders' Meeting, we gave back 4 € to the fight against cancer (...) We thank all the shareholders, of which 40 % were registered shareholders, who opted for this quick, safe and ecological solution and we do hope, thanks to your contribution, to be able to significantly increase the number of e-convened Shareholders from next year." François Pérol
Natixis’ General Shareholders’ Meeting was held on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 3:00 p.m., at Palais Brongniart, 25, Place de la Bourse, 75002 Paris
Nearly 400 Shareholders attended the Shareholders' meeting while over 10,000 Shareholders* voted prior to the Meeting.
To start with, a film on « The economic environment » surrounding Natixis was shown. The addressed issues resulted from the survey prior to the Meeting to which over 200 Shareholders responded.
Then Laurent Mignon presented the accounts and takeaways of 2016, and the Q1-2017 results. He concluded his intervention on the achievements of the « New Frontier » Strategic Plan that ends in December of this year.
After presenting Natixis' governance, François Pérol gave the floor to the Compensation Committee Chairman, Nicolas de Tavernost, who reported on the Committee's works and detailed the compensations of the corporate officers and of the regulated population.
During the question and answer session, the following issues, among others, were addressed:
- Natixis and the funding of projects in the coal and fossil energy sector;
- the funding of the North Dakota pipeline;
- the evolution of the share price since its listing on the market;
- the non-compensation of François Pérol as Chairman of Natixis Board of Directors;
- the upcoming move to new offices.
The final quorum reached the 83,44%. On 22 resolutions, all were voted except one referring to a regulated convention (amendment to the compensation protocol signed between Natixis and Banque Palatine), among them:
- the 2016 accounts;
- the payment of a dividend in cash of 0,35 € per share, which corresponds to a payout ratio of 85%. The ex-date was May 26, 2017 and the payment date: from May 30, 2017;
- favorable opinions on components of compensation due or attributed for the year 2016 to the Chairman and the Chief Financial Officer (« Say on Pay ») as well as on the overall compensation package paid in 2016 to the regulated population;
- approvals of the principles and criteria determining the compensation components for the year 2017 of the Chairman and the Chief Financial Officer;
- some movements within the Board of Directors: the renewal of Nicolas de Tavernost' mandate as Director and the approval of the co-opting of Catherine Pariset as Director;
- the introduction of the possibility to e-convene the Directors to the Board of Directors' Meetings.
* You were offered the option to vote prior to the Shareholders' Meeting, via the Votaccess platform: we counted altogether 10,058 Shareholders who chose this solution, i.e. nearly 128 million votes.
- Minutes of the Shareholders' Meeting – May 23, 2017 (French Only)
- Results of Natixis Combined Shareholders' Meeting of May 23, 2017
- Natixis' 2017 Combined Shareholders' Meeting Presentation (in French only)
- Shareholders’ Meeting Notice as published in BALO (Art. R. 225-73 of the Commercial Code)
- Meeting notice 2017 Natixis' Combined Shareholders' Meeting - pdf
- Meeting notice 2016 Natixis' Combined Shareholders' Meeting - interactive version
- 2016 Registration Document - PDF - (4465 ko)
- FAQ Useful tips about the GSM
- Guide du Medef - Projet de résolution soumis au vote des actionnaires de sociétés cotées (2016)
- Guide de l'AMF - S'informer sur... Les assemblées générales des sociétés cotées en bourse (2015)
- Guide de l'AMF - S'informer sur... Voter en toute connaissance de cause aux assemblées générales cotées (2014)