2019 Gender equality index
Gender equality was announced as the major national cause for the current French President’s five-year term, and is a key priority for the country’s government. This goal has translated into concrete legislative measures, with a new gender equality assessment now compulsory for all companies with more than 50 staff – the gender equality index.
This index is made up of five indicators based on a range of workplace gender equality data for each legal entity, assessed on a yearly basis to give a total score out of 100:
- gender pay gap
- gap in individual pay rises
- gap in promotions
- percentage of women who receive a pay rise after maternity leave
- number of employees of under-represented gender in the ten highest paid employees in the company.
Companies achieving a score of less than 75 out of 100 must outline and implement corrective measures to make progress on the indicators in question.
The scores out of 100 for Natixis’ entities with more than 250 staff in France as at December 31, 2018* are listed below.
These results reflect the pledges we have taken on gender equality in the workplace and the progress we have made:
- greater diversity in business lines that are traditionally more dominated by one gender
- greater female representation in leadership circles
- setting aside a specific budget to close the pay gap.
Senior management also committed to a number of key measures in the 2018/2020 strategic plan, further affirming the importance of this issue for Natixis:
- Recruitment: 50% of our talent pool to be made up of women
- Greater female representation in leadership circles, as the senior management committee is to have 20% women, while 30% of our top leadership group and 40% of our second leader group are to be made up of women
- Monitoring: quarterly update on precise indicators.
These encouraging results provide a further incentive for us to continue our efforts and initiatives to strive for progress and achieve real gender equality in our company.
Scores for entities in the Natixis scope in France with more than 250 staff as at December 31, 2018.
|Natixis Payment Solutions||89|
|Natixis Assurances métier Assurances de personnes**||86|
|Natixis Investment Managers**||85|
|Natixis Wealth Management**||73|
*In accordance with the terms of French decree No. 2019-15 of January 8, 2019, companies with more than 1,000 staff published their index on March 1, 2019, staff with between 250 and 1,000 staff must disclose by September 1, 2019 at the latest, and companies with between 50 and 250 employees must report their index by March 1, 2020 at the latest. Companies with fewer than 50 employees are not affected by this requirement.
**Economic and Social Unit (UES)