Natixis has developed an active solidarity patronage policy
Natixis has been involved in the fight against malaria since 2005 and supports many solidarity patronage initiatives. Its commitment is shared by its employees.
Commitment to the fight against malaria
Every year, close to one million pregnant women and young children die from malaria even though their lives can be saved using simple prevention and treatments. For the eighth consecutive year, Natixis supported the fight against malaria by actively supporting prevention programs in endemic zones and by financing research projects of Institut Pasteur.
- On site, Natixis has been supporting Association Plan France since 2005 to set up prevention programs in Cameroon, Burkina Faso and Togo. In 2012, we continued to support the program for the fight against malaria carried out by Plan France with 18,000 children and 4,000 pregnant women in Togo. The actions carried out in 2012 concern the training of health workers and creating awareness in the communities: 45 health workers (nurses, midwifes, etc.) and members of the local NGO were trained and awareness actions (home visits, educational discussions, etc.) reached some 6,000 people. In addition, the NGO supports the communities in the care of malaria cases with the help of heath workers and malaria medication.
- At the same time, Natixis supports the research programs of Institut Pasteur on the resistance of the parasites to malaria treatments. In 2012, it financed a research project headed by Dr. Odile Pujalon, jointly with Institut Pasteur in Cambodia, on the resistance of the Plasmodium falciparum parasite to the latest generation of artemisinin derivative-based medication.
In 2012, Natixis employees took part in solidarity projects:
- Course du cœur footrace to raise public awareness of organ donations. For the third consecutive year, all of Natixis’ employees cheered on the 14 runners who carried the company’s colors;
- Odysséa: to benefit the fight against breast cancer. More than 330 Natixis employees and their families were involved in this solidarity initiative. Employees’ registration fees, which were matched by Natixis, helped raise donation for the association;
- Téléthon: to benefit the fight against neuro-muscular diseases. Natixis supported Téléthon by making collection stands available at the different sites. Many employees took part in the sporting events. Employee donations were matched 100% by Natixis’ Senior Management, and this meant a €43,870 donation for Téléthon.