And the winner of the 2011 Responsible Investor Award is...
For the fourth consecutive year, Natixis Asset Management, a pioneer in SRI with a commitment dating back more than 25 years, and Amadeis(1) have joined Les Échos in sponsoring the Responsible Investor Award (Prix de l’Investisseur Responsable). The 2011 Award was won by the AG2R La Mondiale group(2).
AG2R La Mondiale: winner of the 2011 award
TheAG2R La Mondiale group took first place in the fourth edition of the Responsible Investor Award, ahead of the Humanis(3) and Malakoff Médéric groups(4).
The award honors the remarkable work done by the AG2R La Mondiale in the field of socially responsible investment:
- promotion of transparency and publication of ESG data in the first SRI business review (in June 2011),
- inclusion of an ESG filter in the selection of private equity funds,
- upgrading of the proprietary “EthisScreeninG” software application for analyzing the company’s extra-financial risks,
- renewal of the Euromed university chair in “Different finance, investment, social solidarity and responsibility,"
- creation of a “Living SRI” working group involving the entire Agicam(5) staff in the challenges of this approach,
- operational launch (March 2011) of an SRI fixed income mandate fund and launch (August 2011) of an SRI fund of bond funds (100 million euros),
- creation of the Solid fund, in partnership with Siparex and La Française AM, an impact investment vehicle targeting the jobs of tomorrow.
- Consult theInfos Flash dedicated to the 2011 Responsible Investor Award
- Consult thepress release announcing results (only available in French)
The Responsible Investor Award in brief
The aim of the Responsible Investor Award is to reward institutional investors who have stood out as responsible investors through their actions over the previous twelve months. A wide-reaching program to collect nominations was launched in June to encourage institutional investors, retirement and pension funds, companies, and other organisations to put themselves forward.
Chaired by Michel Camdessus, Honorary Governor of Banque de France and former Managing Director of the IMF, the 2011 jury was composed of individuals sensitive to responsible investment-related issues: Philippe Chalmin, professor at Paris-Dauphine University and founder ofCercle CyclOpe; Sébastien Duquet, Managing Director ofPlaNIS responsAbility; Christian Huglo, attorney, founder ofSelarl Huglo Lepage & Associés Conseil; Daniel Lebègue, president of theFrench Institute of Directors (IFA); Maria Nowak, president of theAssociation for the Right to Economic Initiative (ADIE); and Christian Sautter, president ofFrance Active and former Minister of the Economy, Finance and Industry.
- Further information:www.leprixinvestisseurresponsable.com (only available in French)
(1) Amadeis is an independent asset management consulting firm that advises institutional investors on their investment strategy. Amadeis is one of the industry leaders in France, with more than 20 billion euros of assets under advisement. [For further information:http://amadeis.pagesperso-orange.fr/]
(2) AG2R La Mondiale is an interprofessional social protection and estate planning insurance group. The group specializes in insurance for individuals: death and disability, health, investment and retirement. [For further information:www.ag2rlamondiale.fr]
(3) Humanis Group is a major player in joint and mutual social protection in France, resulting from the merger of the Aprion and Humanis Vauban groups in January 2011. [For further information:www.vaubanhumanis.com]
(4) Malakoff Médéric Group is a joint and mutual service group specializing in retirement and protection of employees and their families. [For further information:www.malakoffmederic.com]
(5) Agicam is the Group’s asset management company. It manages 13 billion euros, including some 400 million euros in employee savings plans.