Exceptional cash distribution of €0.65 per Natixis share
The exceptional cash distribution of €0.65 by Natixis to its shareholders of €0.65 per share is related to the project for the simplification of Groupe BPCE’s structure announced on February 17, 2013.
This exceptional cash distribution amounts to approximately €2 billion (which corresponds to savings on prudential capital resulting from the sale of the Cooperative Investment Certificates), will be charged to Other Reserves for an amount of €1,076,963,127.36 and the balance to Share Premium (1).
This cash distribution, subject to the prior sale to Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne of the Cooperative Investment Certificates held by Natixis on August 6, is also subject to the approval of the Shareholders’ Meeting of July 31, 2013.
Subject to these conditions, the timetable for the payment of the cash distribution will be as follows:
- August 14, 2013: dividend detachment date and quotation of the Natixis shares ex-dividend.
- August 19, 2013: payment of the exceptional cash distribution of €0.65 per share.
The timetable of the operation was detailed in a press release issued by Natixis on July 19, 2013.
Taxation of the exceptional cash distribution of €0.65 for each share held in an ordinary account by a physical person residing in France
The amount of the exceptional distribution of €0.65 per share will be broken down into two parts:
- One part, estimated at €0.359, will be considered as income distributed subjected to income tax and social security contributions, and
- The other part, estimated at €0.291, will be considered as return of contribution (in application of Article 112,1° of the French General Tax Code), is not subject to income tax and social security contributions and will reduce the share purchase price.
For information purposes only. Beneficiaries should contact their financial advisor.
(1) For more information, read the Notice of Meeting