Natixis Combined Shareholders' Meeting of May 28, 2019 - practical tips
Where and when?
Natixis’ General Shareholders’ Meeting was held on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 3:00 p.m., at Palais Brongniart 25, Place de la Bourse, 75002 Paris.
Shareholders’ registration and access to the Meeting began at 1:30 p.m.
Who attends the Shareholders’ Meeting?
Any Natixis shareholder may attend.
The Meeting was be chaired by Laurent Mignon as Chairman of Natixis’ Board of Directors.
Natixis’ Chief Executive Officer, François Riahi , as well as Natixis’ directors and senior executives were present.
May I take part in the Shareholders’ Meeting?
Any shareholder may attend the Meeting in person, be represented by his/her spouse, another shareholder or by any natural or legal person of his/her choice or vote by post.
To attend the Meeting, shareholders had to prove ownership of their shares as at the second business day prior to the Meeting, i.e. on May 24, 2019 (00:00 Paris time).
- bearer shareholders had to submit:
- an admission card delivered on request by CACEIS Corporate Trust – Service des Assemblées Générales** and sent to their financial intermediary or, failing which
- a shareholding certificate delivered directly by their financial intermediary as proof of their shareholder status on D-2, i.e. May 24, 2019 (00:00 Paris time);
- registered shareholders may attend without completing any specific formalities, but it is recommended, for their convenience, that they fill out and return the admission card which was sent to them by CACEIS Corporate Trust*.
Note: bearer shareholders are those who hold their securities through their financial intermediary (Banque Populaire or Caisse d’Epargne bank, for instance).
=> Please note that there is no automatic registration to the Meeting. To attend and vote under optimal conditions shareholders should inform as soon as possible, i.e. from April,
their financial intermediary (bank) that they plan to attend the Meeting.
How to vote at the Shareholders’ Meeting?
A shareholder who wishes to vote but cannot attend the Meeting may use a postal or proxy
voting form, or may vote via Internet so as to:
- vote on each resolution,
- appoint the Chairman of the Meeting as proxy
- give proxy to any natural or legal person of his/her choice, or
- appoint or revoke a new proxy.
Shareholders who wish to attend the Shareholders’ Meeting in person may use a vote by post form or a vote by proxy form or may vote by Internet in order to:
- request an admittance card.
Each shareholder who attends the Meeting will be receiving an electronic voting device to be used during the Meeting.
The voting by post or by proxy form
This form was automatically sent to all registered shareholders who did not opt for the econvening.
Bearer shareholders had to contact their financial intermediary with which their shares are registered in order to obtain the document. The financial intermediary will
then contact CACEIS Corporate Trust*. All requests for such forms must be lodged or received at Natixis’ head office no later than May 23, 2019. The voting form should be
returned duly filled out by the shareholder no later than May 25, 2019.
Voting via Internet
In a view to facilitate shareholders’ voting at its Shareholders Meetings, Natixis offers you the possibility to vote by Internet prior to the next Shareholders’ Meeting, via the VOTACCESS platform which was opened from May 07, 2019 at 10:00 to May 27, 2019 at 15:00, Paris time.
This platform offered you the same possibilities as the postal voting form, i.e. you could:
- require an admittance card;
- vote for each resolution;
- give proxy to the Shareholders’ Meeting Chairman;
- give proxy to any person of your choice;
- revoke and appoint a new proxy.
You were advised not to wait until the deadline (May 27, 2019 15:00, Paris time) to enter your voting instructions, so as to avoid possible overloading of the platform.
YOU ARE A REGISTERED SHAREHOLDER (DIRECLTY OR NOT)
- Please log in to OLIS-Shareholder website
- Log in: enter your ID number displayed on the top right of the voting form which has been sent to you together with the meeting notice by CACEIS Corporate Trust, by post or by mail.
if you opted for an e-notice and follow the instructions indicated on the screen.
You already logged in: click on the « Access to my account » module and follow the instructions displayed on screen.
Once you have logged in, click on the « Internet voting » module which will redirect you onto the VOTACCESS website.
- When logged on the homepage, click on the module of your choice: « Give proxy to the Chairman », « Vote on resolutions », « Admission card request», « Give proxy to a third
In case of loss of your username and/or password, you may request it/them to CACEIS Corporate Trust, via OLIS-Shareholder platform by clicking on “Lost password”. Then follow instructions.
YOU ARE A BEARER SHAREHOLDER
- Log in to the Internet portal of your account holder institution using your usual login details.
- Click on the icon shown on screen on the line corresponding to your Natixis shares and follow instructions.
Only the bearer shareholders whose account holder institution subscribed to the VOTACCESS system and offers this service for Natixis Shareholders’ meeting, may access to it.
Access to the VOTACCESS platform via the account holder institution website may be submitted to special conditions for use listed by the said institution. Consequently, bearer shareholders who may find an interest in this service are kindly asked to contact their usual account holder institution so as to be informed of such conditions.
Beware: any shareholder who already cast his/her remote vote, who sent a proxy form or required his/her admittance card or a shareholding certificate to physically attend the
Shareholders’ Meeting, by any means whatsoever, cannot opt for another mode to cast his/her vote.
How long does a Shareholders’ Meeting last?
The Shareholders’ Meeting usually lasts two to three hours, depending on the agenda and the length of the Questions & Answers session.
What if I am unable to attend?
The whole of the Shareholders’ Meeting will be recorded and will be available as a webcast on Natixis’ website www.natixis.com both live and as a one-year post-meeting replay.
Where to find complete information on Natixis’ General Shareholders’ Meeting?
Complete information on the Meeting is available on Natixis’ website www.natixis.com, in r
the “Shareholders’ Meetings” section, e.g. the convening notice and the Meeting notice.
* CACEIS Corporate Trust is the centralizing agent for Natixis’ General Shareholders’
Meetings as well as the custodian of the Company’s Share Register.
Information referred to in Article R.225-73-1 of the French Commercial Code
The list of shareholders drawn up by the Company as at the 16th day before the Meeting is held is available in accordance with Art. L.225-116 and R.225-90 of the French Commercial Code.